Today, Ramon Llull University’s School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi formed its new Professional Advisory Board, made up of management from relevant companies in the international tourism sector. HTSI’s Advisory Board was created to maximize the connection between HTSI and the current reality of tourism, hotel management, event organization and leisure. In a constantly-evolving world, the main goal of the Advisory Board is to provide guidance and continuing reflection on the School’s present and future activity.
The companies represented on HTSI’s new Professional Advisory Board encompass hospitality, events, online distribution, offline distribution, retail, transportation and restaurants. It is made up of relevant professionals from the tourism sector and the economic and cultural realm.
- Airbnb– Jeroen Merchiers, General Director for the North, East and South of Europe and Russia.
- Barceló Hotels & Resorts– Javier Abadía, General Director.
- Centre de Convencions Internacional de Barcelona– Marc Rodríguez, General Director.
- Grupo Julià– Marian Muro, General Director for Spain.
- Hosco– Olivier Bracard, General Director.
- Ilunion Hotels– José Ángel Preciados, General Director.
- Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services– Virginia Quintairos, Regional Director of the Mediterranean Region.
- Kuoni– Carlos Sabaté, Regional Director for Southern Europe.
- Majestic Hotel Group– Malco Par, General Director.
- Turijobs– Xavier Martín Canals, General Director.
- Value Retail – Elena Foguet, Head of Destination Marketing BVSC & Business Director Value Retail Spain.
- Vips y Vipsmart– Maria Jesús García Sanjosé, General Director.
- W Hotel Barcelona– Stjin Oyen, General Director.
El Consell Assessor de HTSI aporta la seva visió sobre les necessitats del sector turístic per així contribuir a la formació de diferents perfils professionals que actuïn com a agents de canvi en un sector en constant desenvolupament. També han participat en la reunió Eugeni Gai, president de la Fundació Xavier (entitat jurídica titular de la Facultat de Turisme i Adreça Hotelera Sant Ignasi) juntament amb Jordi Hereu i Jaime Ozores, tots dos patrons.
HTSI’s Advisory Board provides its vision on the needs of the tourism sector in order to contribute to the formation of different professional profiles that can serve as agents of change for the sector and its constant development. The meeting was also attended by Eugeni Gay, President of the Xavier Foundation (the legal owner of the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi) as well as sponsors Jordi Hereu and Jaime Ozores.
A professional advisory board with common values and HTSI alumni
According to Ricard Santomà, HTSI Dean, “the companies represented on HTSI’s Professional Advisory Board show us the relevance and the diversity of the subsectors that make up the tourism industry. They seek to represent the different types of businesses that currently make up the tourism industry, from big companies to the most innovative startups.” In addition, Santomà emphasized the importance of having a board that includes “leaders with values that match those of HTSI” and the pride of having multiple HTSI alumni on the Advisory Board.
HTSI’s Advisory Board will focus on:
- Informing the School of the needs and tendencies of the sector in order to guide academic programs, research, the transfer of knowledge and consultancy programs to ensure they are always in line with the current reality of tourism.
- Promote agreements with companies and institutions to provide students with better training through quality internships.
- Improve the employability and job placement of graduates, and identify opportunities for
- Promote study grants for students and promote research ideas coming from the professional sector.
For the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi, maintaining a constant relationship with businesses from the tourism and hotel sector is essential. As a result, one of HTSI’s strategic pillars is collaboration with companies to strengthen successful job placement for our graduates, as well as to obtain in-depth knowledge of the industry. HTSI’s Professional Advisory Board is a step forward to maximize our collaborative relationship with companies from the sector and to place University education in line with the needs of the sector.
If you want to request information you can fill this form. One of our advisors will contact you in order to solve your doubts and offer you all the information that you need.