- Why study this Bachelor?
- Best bachelor’s program in tourism in Catalonia and the 5th-best in Spain
- 2nd -best place in Spain to study Tourism and Hospitality
- The profile of our students
- Objectives of the Bachelor Degree
- Bilingual program or 100% in english
- University Exchange Programs
- Study Tours
- Build your future
- Professional Outings
Why study this Bachelor?
The Bachelor Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management is a 4-year university degree (240 ECTS) which trains future managers in tourism and hospitality. It combines the development of skills to manage and lead companies with the development of skills related to hospitality.
- The Bachelor Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management has 50% of the credits dedicated to management.
- You can choose the bilingual option or entirely in English.
- Our international dimension will allow you to have professional and academic experiences abroad.
- You will be in touch with the real working world from day one. We have a close relationship with the industry, and more than 20 years working with the sector.
- We promote employability. 90% of our graduates take less than 6 months to get their first job.
- We advise and help you. Our goal is to train the future executives of the tourism and hospitality industry.
Best bachelor’s program in tourism in Catalonia and the 5th-best in Spain
The Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management offered by the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi (URL) is the best bachelor’s program in tourism in Catalonia and the 5th-best in Spain, according to El Mundo newspaper’s annual ranking.
El Mundo named HTSI’s Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management the best bachelor’s degree in tourism in Catalonia, emphasizing “the combination of courses on management and others focusing on tourism, hospitality and customer service”. This is according to the “Mejores Universidades 2019” (Best Universities of 2019) ranking, which has traditionally listed Spain’s best universities.
Some of the indicators used by El Mundo to rank universities are professors’ views on the best centres for their speciality, the importance of practical teaching in studies plans, the range of optional courses and internships offered, methodology and study abroad programs.
2nd -best place in Spain to study Tourism and Hospitality
Once again, the QS World University Ranking by Subjects has named the Bachelor’s Program in Tourism at the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi (URL) 2nd-best in Spain and 49th worldwide for hospitality and leisure management. For the second year in a row, HTSI has been named the 2nd-best university in Spain to study tourism.
The QS World University Ranking by Subject is one of the most prestigious educational rankings in the world. This edition studied the educational excellence of over 1,440 schools from around the world in 51 subjects.
This ranking is based entirely on external data. For tourism, four indicators were taken into account:
- 45% of the evaluation consisted of the opinions of employers from the sector.
- 50% consisted of a survey of academic reputation.
- 5% consisted of academic citations in scientific publications in recent years.
The profile of our students
At the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi we look for talent and we know our students are passionate about the tourism and hospitality industry. Our students are characterized by:
Objectives of the Bachelor Degree
The Bachelor Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management is a four-year program, adapted to the European Higher Education Area, which aims to train future executives of the tourism industry and hospitality industry.
It combines the development of skills in management of companies in the tourism and hotel sector with the development of skills related to hospitality, necessary to offer customers key service in excellence.
The Bachelor Degree is based on three main areas:
- Academic rigor: studies with a solid foundation in theoretical and practical elements allow students to kick start their career and adapt to the new demands of tourism and hospitality.
- International dimension: a global program that emphasizes the study of foreign languages, exchanges with international universities and contact with the international world of tourism and hospitality.
- Career development: students begin to work on their employability from day one, through close collaboration between the university and companies.
The Bachelor Degree also provides personal attention and support for students throughout the four years of the program, both from the academic point of view and from the point of view of development of employability skills and access to the labor market. Students will have a tutorial action plan throughout the program.
Bilingual program or 100% in english
One Bachelor Degree, two options: 100% English or Bilingual:
- The Bachelor Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management is a bilingual program, in which the first two years are taught in Spanish and the last two in English (more than 55% of the credits of the curriculum are taught in English).
- The Bachelor Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management: taught entirely in English, this option offers students the opportunity to study the same subjects but in English from the first year.
Undergraduate students carry out internships in companies which are both mandatory and optional throughout the program, so that employability and career skills are a priority from the beginning.
Access more information on internships in Tourism and Hospitality Management
University Exchange Programs
For undergraduate students, it is essential to develop skills such as foreign languages, intercultural skills and gain international experience. Therefore, during the last year of the Bachelor Degree, students have the opportunity to study a semester abroad at one of our partner universities.
Access more information on Academic Exchanges.
The School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi encourages mobility of university as part of their training in the field of tourism and hospitality. For students of HTSI university programs, an essential element is to acquire a range of skills such as foreign languages, intercultural and international experience.
With experience as a methodology, the Study Tours are focused on various subjects, both academic and professional. The university can, through these trips, implement the knowledge acquired in the classroom, meet diverse perspectives of the tourism sector and the national and international hospitality industry, as well as interact with other students from diverse backgrounds.
The purpose of these trips is, above all, so students have enriching experiences with colleagues from the HTSI university community that improve the personal understanding of oneself through experience outside the classroom, and to discover the reality of the tourism and hospitality sector beyond the purely academic boundaries.
Learn more about Study Tours
Build your future
One of the main objectives of the Bachelor Degree is to promote employability of students and support them in building their professional future. To achieve this, we offer students different activities, both mandatory and optional, that will help them to become the best professional in the tourism and hotel sector. Thanks to our close collaboration and knowledge of the sector, the Department of Career Services works every day to build a career path that will help all students get the job they dream of.
In this interview, Gisela Domínguez, professional development advisor and HTSI professor, explains the importance of the Professional Development Plan, which is key to developing students’ hospitality skills and guaranteeing they find positive employment.
See more Building your future
Graduates in Tourism and Hospitality Management will be able to:
- Manage organizations or companies, either public or private, related to the tourism, hotel, recreational and leisure sectors.
- Lead or advise hotel and tourism organizations on a global scale, and in any of its functional areas.
Plan, design, distribute and market products and tourist destinations.
If you want to request information you can fill this form. One of our advisors will contact you in order to solve your doubts and offer you all the information that you need.