Why study this Bachelor?
The Bachelor Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management is a 4-year university degree (240 ECTS) which trains future managers in tourism and hospitality. It combines the development of skills to manage and lead companies with the development of skills related to hospitality.
- The Bachelor Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management has 50% of the credits dedicated to management.
- You can choose the bilingual option or entirely in English.
- Our international dimension will allow you to have professional and academic experiences abroad.
- You will be in touch with the real working world from day one. We have a close relationship with the industry, and more than 20 years working with the sector.
- We promote employability. 90% of our graduates take less than 6 months to get their first job.
- We advise and help you. Our goal is to train the future executives of the tourism and hospitality industry.
2nd -best place in Catalonia and the 3rd -best in Spain
Ramon Llull University’s School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi(HTSI) is the 2nd-best place in Catalonia and the 3rd-best in Spain to study “Hospitality and Leisure Management”, according to QS World University Rankings by Subjects 2019.
Of the different indicators used to prepare the ranking, the following are especially worth noting:
- HTSI’s reputation among employers (obtained from a survey of over 42,000 employers who evaluate graduates’ level of preparedness).
- Citations in scientific publications.
- Academic reputation (obtained from a survey of over 83,000 academics from around the world).
QS World University Rankings by Subject is one of the world’s most prestigious university rankings. It analyses the best universities worldwide in five broad fields of study and 48 individual subjects.
The profile of our students
At the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi we look for talent and we know our students are passionate about the tourism and hospitality industry. Our students are characterized by:
Objectives of the Bachelor Degree
The Bachelor Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management is a four-year program, adapted to the European Higher Education Area, which aims to train future executives of the tourism industry and hospitality industry.
It combines the development of skills in management of companies in the tourism and hotel sector with the development of skills related to hospitality, necessary to offer customers key service in excellence.
The Bachelor Degree is based on three main areas:
- Academic rigor: studies with a solid foundation in theoretical and practical elements allow students to kick start their career and adapt to the new demands of tourism and hospitality.
- International dimension: a global program that emphasizes the study of foreign languages, exchanges with international universities and contact with the international world of tourism and hospitality.
- Career development: students begin to work on their employability from day one, through close collaboration between the university and companies.
The Bachelor Degree also provides personal attention and support for students throughout the four years of the program, both from the academic point of view and from the point of view of development of employability skills and access to the labor market. Students will have a tutorial action plan throughout the program.
Bilingual program or 100% in english
One Bachelor Degree, two options: 100% English or Bilingual:
- The Bachelor Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management is a bilingual program, in which the first two years are taught in Spanish and the last two in English (more than 55% of the credits of the curriculum are taught in English).
- The Bachelor Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management: taught entirely in English, this option offers students the opportunity to study the same subjects but in English from the first year.
Undergraduate students carry out internships in companies which are both mandatory and optional throughout the program, so that employability and career skills are a priority from the beginning.
Access more information on internships in Tourism and Hospitality Management
University Exchange Programs
For undergraduate students, it is essential to develop skills such as foreign languages, intercultural skills and gain international experience. Therefore, during the last year of the Bachelor Degree, students have the opportunity to study a semester abroad at one of our partner universities.
Access more information on Academic Exchanges.
The School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi encourages mobility of university as part of their training in the field of tourism and hospitality. For students of HTSI university programs, an essential element is to acquire a range of skills such as foreign languages, intercultural and international experience.
With experience as a methodology, the Study Tours are focused on various subjects, both academic and professional. The university can, through these trips, implement the knowledge acquired in the classroom, meet diverse perspectives of the tourism sector and the national and international hospitality industry, as well as interact with other students from diverse backgrounds.
The purpose of these trips is, above all, so students have enriching experiences with colleagues from the HTSI university community that improve the personal understanding of oneself through experience outside the classroom, and to discover the reality of the tourism and hospitality sector beyond the purely academic boundaries.
Learn more about 2015-2016 Study Tours
Build your future
One of the main objectives of the Bachelor Degree is to promote employability of students and support them in building their professional future. To achieve this, we offer students different activities, both mandatory and optional, that will help them to become the best professional in the tourism and hotel sector. Thanks to our close collaboration and knowledge of the sector, the Department of Career Services works every day to build a career path that will help all students get the job they dream of.
See more Building your future
Graduates in Tourism and Hospitality Management will be able to:
- Manage organizations or companies, either public or private, related to the tourism, hotel, recreational and leisure sectors.
- Lead or advise hotel and tourism organizations on a global scale, and in any of its functional areas.
Plan, design, distribute and market products and tourist destinations.
If you want to request information you can fill this form. One of our advisors will contact you in order to solve your doubts and offer you all the information that you need.