Come to HTSI!

Intercambios IncomingIf you are already a university student at one of our university partners, you can come to HTSI for one or two semesters as an exchange student.

Students from any of our partner universities are eligible to study at HTSI through an exchange program. The application and selection process for the exchange program is carried out at the student´s home university, so the prospective students must request their exchange applications through the International Office at their home university.

Each semester, HTSI welcomes international exchange students from our partner universities around the world. Their presence on campus and their contribution to academic and social life contribute to foster the internationalization of the School

Who is this for?

Depending on your country of origin or if you come with an agreement from one of our partner universities, you can take part in a mobility program. If HTSI has no agreement with your institution of origin, you can always come as a student visitor (Free Movers)


Exchange students must be nominated by their home university to attend one or two semesters at HTSI. Once the university confirms the nomination of the selected student, we contact the exchange student directly to assist them before arrival in Barcelona.

There are two types student mobility:

  • Mobility ERASMUS +: if your university has an ERASMUS agreement with HTSI, you can apply for a university exchange. Ramon Llull University hosts the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education. Our Erasmus + code is E BARCELO 16 is available at Ramon Llull University.

  • Study Abroad: If your university has a bilateral agreement with HTSI, you can apply for university exchange.

Academic calendar

At HTSI the academic year is divided into 2 semesters:

  • 1st semester: from September to mid-January
  • 2nd semester: from mid-January to early June


  • Classes: September - December
  • Christmas holidays: around December 20 - January 7
  • Examination period: approximately January 9-27 
  • Resit Exams Period: June


  • Classes: End of January - mid-May
  • Examination period: approximately May 15-30
  • Period of recovery examinations: Mid-June to mid-July

Check the academic calendar

Teaching languages

On the Bachelor Degree the subjects are taught in both Spanish and English. The minimum level required for an exchange student to study is:

  • Spanish / English: Level B2
  • English: Level B2

Credits and contact hours

  • Full time: 30 ECTS credits per semester
  • Minimum of 15 ECTS credits per semester
  • Contact hours: from Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 14:00. Some classes are taught in the afternoon.

Subjects available

Students have access to all subjects taught each semester, as long as the timetable permits. Learn more about the Study Plan.


It is recommended that students choose from 10 to 12 subjects, in order of preference.It is recommended that students choose from 10 to 12 subjects, in order of preference. In this way, a wider range of options will be available in the case of timetable incompatibility or limited availability.

Health insurance

HTSI students are required to have medical insurance, either Social Security or another, and additional insurance that provides the student with supplementary coverage, such as risks and damages.

  • Spanish or foreign students with authorization to reside in Spain must have a health insurance valid in Barcelona (National Health System or private insurance).
  • Students who are citizens of the European Union or of the European Economic Area or of Switzerland who are eligible to be covered by their national social system must obtain a European Health Insurance Card before traveling to Spain.
  • Non-EU students are required to take out private health insurance to cover the total duration of their stay in Spain.

For more information, please see: Insurance travel

Student visa

  • EUROPEAN STUDENTS:Students do not have to apply for a residence permit, but must register with the police after their arrival in Barcelona. UE Certificates
  • NON-EUROPEAN STUDENTS:students who do not come from the European Union must obtain a study visa at the Spanish embassy or consulate nearest to their home. It is not recommended that students travel with a tourist visa. Once in Spain, it is not possible to process a student visa, and the student must return to his / her country of origin to process the visa. Normally the visa procedures begin with the acceptance letter that the student receives once he / she is admitted to the program. Access more information at:  Legal Procedures.
Request information

If you want to request information you can fill this form. One of our advisors will contact you in order to solve your doubts and offer you all the information that you need.

Full name*





I authorize you to send me commercial information regarding our courses, seminars and other activities by email.
I have read and accept the data protection policy