Over 100 students of HTSI’s Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management are currently interning in companies from the international tourism and hotel sector.
By working closely with the sector, the School of Tourism managed to ensure that students would be able to complete their obligatory internships and complete their bachelor’s degrees despite the crisis in the sector caused by the pandemic.
Hotels and businesses focused on recreation, cruises, digital marketing, events or safaris are some companies where students are training this second semester.
Although many students are completing their internships in Barcelona, others are in European countries like the Czech Republic, Greece, Luxembourg and Portugal. Some are interning even farther abroad in countries like China, Costa Rica, the UAE, Mexico, South Africa or Tanzania.
More specifically, this 2020-21 academic year, some students are interning at:
- Operations – Passnfly (Barcelona)
- Marketing – Un Mundo de Cruceros (Barcelona)
- Marketing & Ecommerce – Sweet Messages (Barcelona)
- Cross-training – Hotel St. Moritz (Barcelona)
- The Club – Ritz Carlton Hong Kong (China)
- Operations – Hotel Selina Nosara (Costa Rica)
- Rooms Division – Jumeraih International (UAE)
- F&B – Ikos Dassia Hotel (Greece)
- Research, Admin & Development – African Xplora (South Africa)
- F&B – Hotel Selina Aurora Sau Paulo (Brazil)
- Cross-training, The Zanzibar Collection Hotels (Tanzania)
- Events – Ergon (Barcelona)
- Business Development – Metropolitan (Barcelona)
- Guest Relations – Penha Longa Ritz Carlton (Portugal)
For many HTSI students, internships are key to a successful career. Read success stories from alumni of our Bachelor’s Program in Tourism.
At the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi (URL), training with businesses is key. Graduates need the skills to make the most of their opportunities for a successful professional career.
As a result, HTSI’s university programs include both optional and mandatory internships with businesses. This connection with the professional world allows students to apply what they learn in the classroom in a real-world setting, and helps the industry find the talent they need to fill jobs in the future.
If you want to request information you can fill this form. One of our advisors will contact you in order to solve your doubts and offer you all the information that you need.