- PhD in Information and Communications Technology and Computer Engineering from Ramon Llull University in 2007. Thesis title: “An Integrative Framework of Soft-Computing and Knowledge Discovery Capabilities of Self-Organizing Maps in Case-Based Reasoning Systems”.
- Brand Community Management graduate from Ramon Llull University in 2012.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering and Technical Engineer in computer systems from Ramon Llull University in 2003 and 2001, respectively.
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine learning
- Data mining
- Communications technology
- Electronic distribution
- Superior education in the European Area
- Project management
- Head Lecturer on Information Systems and Travel 2.0 and tutor in in-company training (WBL) and Undergraduate Dissertation (TFG), Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management and University Master’s Degree in Hospitality Management. Director of doctoral theses in the field of teaching innovation and its link to the future of education and work. (09/2013-current, HTSI-URL).
- Head Lecturer of subjects related to software engineering and computer graphics in the Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Content and Interactive (09/2014 – 07/2016, ENTI-UB).
- Mentor of artificial intelligence and software engineering at XTOL Europe in programs regulated by the Universitat Oberta La Salle (UOLS) following the methodology of Project-Based Learning (09/2013 – 09/2015).
- Head Lecturer on subjects related to software engineering, artificial intelligence, web development, maths and computer graphics in different engineering degrees and master’s degrees. Director of final degree projects, final year projects and final master’s projects. Coordinator of the Master’s Degree in Data Mining Applied to Medicine; director of 3 doctoral theses within the framework of the PhD program in Information Technology, Communication and Management. One of these received the 2012 Marc Esteve prize organized by the Catalan Association of Artificial Intelligence. (09/2003 – 07/2013, Campus laSalle-URL).
- Vice Dean of the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi-HTSI, Ramon Llull University (2018/09-Present).
- Deputy Academic and Research Dept. of the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi (HTSI), Ramon Llull University (2016/09-2018/09).
- Head of the Department of Tourism and Hotel Management of the Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignacio (HTSI), Ramon Llull University (2017/07-Present)
- Director of Academic Planning, Quality and Research at the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi (HTSI), Ramon Llull University (2014/09 – 2016/09).
- Researcher and consultant on Artificial Intelligence projects in public and private calls, laSalle, Ramon Llull University (09/09/2010)
- Member of the Intelligent Systems Research Group, laSalle, Ramon Llull University since 2001 and responsible for its operational direction from 2009 to 2013.
- Accreditation of research sections in 2005-2010 and 2011-2016 by the Agency for the Quality of the University System of Catalonia (AQU).
- Accreditation Professor Contracted Doctor (2014) by the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (ANECA).
- Accreditation reader (2008) and Accreditation research (2014) by the Agency for the Quality of the University System of Catalonia (AQU).
- Category of Full Professor of Ramon Llull University (2014).
- Member of the Catalan Association of Artificial Intelligence (2009 – News). Board member from 2008 to 2014.
- Award for the best doctoral thesis of the URL in the field of engineering (2008).
- FI research grant awarded by the AGAUR (2004-2007).
- Awarded in the call for “Free software awards” organized by the AGAUR for the Final Project realized in the Degree in Computer Engineering (URL) (2004).
- Garcia-Piquer, J. Bacardit, A. Fornells and E. Golobardes. Scaling Up Multiobjective Evolutionary Clustering Algorithms Using Stratification. Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 93: 69-77, 2017. (Q2 – 1.99).
- Garcia-Piquer, A. Sancho-Asensio, A. Fornells, E. Golobardes, G. Corral and F. Teixido. Towards a High Solution Retrieval in Multiobjective Clustering. Information Sciences, vol. 320: 12-25, 2015. (Q1 – 3.36).
- Fornells, Z. Rodrigo, R. Santoma, X. Rovira, M. Sanchez, F. Teixido and E. Golobardes. Promoting Consensus in the Concept Mapping Methodology: An Application in the Hospitality Sector. Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 67(1): 39-48, 2015. (Q2 – 1.58).
- Garcia-Piquer, A. Fornells, J. Bacardit, A. Orriols-Puig and E. Golobardes. Large-Scale Experimental Evaluation of Cluster Representations for Multiobjective Evolutionary Clustering. IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 18(1):36-53, 2014. JCR Impact factor: 3.6 (Q1).
- Nicolas, A. Fornells, E. Golobardes, G. Corral, S. Puig, and J. Malvehy. DERMA: A Melanoma Diagnosis Platform Based on Collaborative Multi-Label Analog Reasoning. The Scientific World Journal, Article ID 351518, vol. 2014:1-11, 2014. JCR Impact factor: 1.8 (Q1).
- Nicolas, A. Sancho-Asensio, A. Fornells and E. Golobardes. Multi-Label Classification Based on Analog Reasoning. Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 40(15): 5924–5931, 2013. JCR Impact factor: 1.85 (Q1).
- Garcia-Piquer, A. Fornells, A. Orriols-Puig, G. Corral, and E. Golobardes. Data Classification through an Evolutionary Approach Based on Multiple Criteria. Knowledge and Information Systems, vol. 33(1):35-56, 2012. JCR Impact factor: 2.25 (Q1).
- Castanys, R. Perez-Pueyo, M. J. Soneira, E. Golobardes, and A. Fornells. Identification of Raman Spectra through a Case-Based Reasoning System. Application to Artistic Pigments. Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, vol. 42(7): 1553-1561, 2011. JCR Impact factor: 3.087 (Q2).
- Corral, A. Garcia-Piquer, A. Orriols-Puig, A. Fornells, and E. Golobardes. Analysis of Vulnerability Assessment Results based on CAOS. Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 11: 4321-4331, 2011 (Q1-2.612).
- Nettleton, A. Orriols-Puig, and A. Fornells. A Study of the Effect of Different Types of Noise on the Precision of Supervised Learning Techniques. Artificial Intelligence Review, vol. 33(4): 275-306, 2010 (Q4-0.429).
- Corral, E. Armengol, A. Fornells, and E. Golobardes. Explanations of Unsupervised Learning Clustering Applied to Data Security Analysis. Neurocomputing, vol. 72(13): 2754-2762, 2009. (Q2-1.1440)
- Fornells, E. Golobardes, J. M. Martorell, J. M. Garrell, and X. Vilasis. Patterns out of Cases using Kohonen Maps in Breast Cancer Diagnosis. International Journal of Neural Systems, vol 18(1): 33-43, 2008. (Q3-0.901).
If you want to request information you can fill this form. One of our advisors will contact you in order to solve your doubts and offer you all the information that you need.