- PhD student at the School of Education and Sport Sciences Blanquerna (URL), Barcelona, 2015-present.
- 3-month PhD research stay at the Oxford School of Hospitality Management, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford (UK).
- University Master’s Degree in Marketing from the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
- Graduate in Tourism and Hospitality Management from Ramon Llull University.
- Diploma in Hotel Management from Hotel Management School Les Roches (SHA), Bluche, Switzerland.
- Diploma in Tourism from Ramon Llull University.
- Professional Development Program in Marketing at the School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY (USA).
- Coordinator of the module on knowledge: Professional Environment in Tourism and Hospitality, which includes four bachelor’s courses involving employability skills. Professor of bachelor’s program. Currently teaches the following courses: Operational Marketing (3rd year), Undergraduate Dissertation (Final Project-4th year), Tourism for All (4th year). Has also taught: Work-Based Learning (3rd year) and Work-Based Learning Abroad (4th year), International Hospitality Management (4th year), Operational Tourism Marketing (3rd year), Strategic Tourism Marketing (2nd year), Personal & Professional Skills (2nd year), Innovation (3rd), Operations and Processes (1st Dipl.) and Information Systems and Reservations (2nd Dipl). School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi (HTSI), Ramon Llull University (URL), Barcelona, 2002-present.
- Professor of University Master’s Programs. Currently teaches MHM Placement and Master’s Thesis. Has also taught: Redefining the Hospitality experience, Hospitality Concepts and Innovation Management, as part of the IHM Master’s Program. Has coordinated In-Company Projects (Master’s Thesis).
- Professor of medium- and higher-level Training Courses. School of Tourism and Hospitality Sant Ignasi, Barcelona, 2002-2007.
- Collaborates with projects for improving internal processes. 2002-present.
- Guest professor at ESADE School of Executive Education and Law School (Barcelona), University of Barcelona, EAE Business School (Barcelona), Maastricht Hotel Management School (the Netherlands), Oxford School of Hospitality Management (UK), School of Tourism and Hotel Management of Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Hong Kong, China) and University of San Francisco (USA).
- Researcher for the Chair of Responsible Tourism and Hospitality.
- External evaluator for Emerald Publishing and Turismo y Sociedad magazine.
- Member of the HTSI Group on Tourism, Hospitality & Mobilities.
- Member of the COMERTUR-ESADE Research Group (2009-2014).
- Advisor for master’s and bachelor’s theses on innovation, marketing and employability.
- Researcher and project collaborator (see publications).
- School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi (HTSI), Ramon Llull University, 2003-present.
Vice dean of Corporate and International Relations (07/01/15-08/31/2018).
Management of the areas of Career Services and Alumni, International, Project Management and the Observatory on Responsible Tourism.
Director of Bachelor’s Degree (01/28/13-06/30/2015).
Management of the Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management, coordinating academic organization, professors and students.
Career Development Manager (2010-2013).
Management of the areas of Institutional Relations, Curricular and Extracurricular Professional Experiences, Employment Pool, Advisory Board and Alumni.
Director of the University Master’s Degree in Innovative Hospitality Management (2003-2013), offered by HTSI and the Maastricht Hotel Management School (the Netherlands), in collaboration with Oxford Brookes University (United Kingdom). Named 4th-best master’s program in the field by the El Mundo ranking. Program design, selection of partner universities, coordination with universities, responsibility for academics and professors, group tutoring and admissions.
- Trust International Hotel Reservation Services (SRS Group), Frankfurt (Germany). Director of Training. Conception, planning and implementation of training at hotels in the areas of marketing, sales and reservations on an international level. Training at over 60 hotels in approximately 20 countries, 1993-1996.
- DFK Consulting and Training, Barcelona (Spain). Company founder: consulting and training in electronic distribution, marketing and sales for tourism and hotel companies. Has collaborated with the following companies: Husa Hoteles, Direcció General de Turisme, Hotusa-Eurostars, Keytel, Hotelworld, Sercotel, Horwath, TSI-Turismo Sant Ignasi, 1997-2003.
- Regent, Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, Frankfurt (Germany). Director of Reservations for the commercial office for Germany, Switzerland and Austria, 1991-1993.
- Certificate in Luxury Management from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, HKPolyUx, 2018.
- Mentor to the Dothegap company, 2018-present.
- Member of 50&50/Eje&Con/Women in E-Travel, 2018-present.
- Member of the working group of the URL Observatory on Equal Opportunities, 2017-present.
- Mentor & Advisor for the Authenticitys company, 2015-present.
- Director of tourism initiatives and Young Skal Barcelona, 2014-present.
- Member of the Commission for Teaching, Learning and Programs at Unijes, 2013-present.
- Member of the Commission for Commercial Distribution, Services and Tourism and the Barcelona Chamber of Commerce, 2011-present.
- Member of the Commission on the Network of Areas of Professional Promotion at Ramon Llull University, 2010-present.
- Member of the AGIMA Advisory Committee and the Organizing Committee of WO+MEN’S PROGRESS, 2010-present.
- Beyond Pretty, Seminary on Design Thinking, ESADE/Art Center College of Design (California, USA), ESADE Executive Education, Barcelona, Spain, July 2009.
- Course on official translations (German-Spanish), Spanish Chamber of Commerce, Frankfurt, Germany. 1993 and 1994 Professional Development Program, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, (USA), 1995-1996.
- 2018 Freund, D.; Cerdán, M.; Hernández, G.; Guix, M.; Iñesta, A.; Castelló, M. Enhancing the hospitality customer experience of families with children on the
autism spectrum disorder. Artículo presentado en la conferencia Tourman 2018 el 28.10 en Rodos, Grecia.
- 2016 Freund, Daniela; “Una invitación a co-crear experiencias turísticas creativas con el mercado asiático” en Grötsch, K.; Vera, C.; Monasterio, M.; Cantero, A., II Libro Blanco del turismo chino es España, (páginas 73-76), ISBN: 978-84-608-8549-8
- 2015 Eizaguirre Zarza, A.; García-Feijoo M. y Freund de Klumbis, D. Cómo generar clientes satisfechos en empresas de servicios en un entorno multicanal. El caso de la gestión de marketing de un programa universitario. Boletín de Estudios Económicos, editado por Deusto Business Alumni, Vol. LXX Nº 215 Agosto 2015 (páginas 281-310).
- 2013 Freund, D. y Rodrigo Z. Work-based learning: bringing tourism companies and competencies together. Práctica de innovación docente seleccionada por la URL para presentación en la Jornada “El reto de la formación integral en la Universidad del Siglo XXI: Crecer en Valores” realizadas el 4 y 5 de Julio de 2013 en Bilbao. Marco Aristos Campus Mundus (URL, Deusto, Comillas). ISBN 978·84-271-3515·4.
- Valls, J.F.; Sureda, J.; Freund, D. y Andrade, M.J. (2011) “Hybrid consumption behaviour in spanish tourists” [Comunicación] en Congreso Internacional Marketing Trends, Paris.
- Valls, J.F.; Sureda, J.; Freund, D.; Ouro, A. y Barroeta, I. (2010) “Comparative Analysis of Spanish Tourist websites” [Comunicación] en Congreso Internacional Marketing Trends,
- Valls, J.F.; Sardà, R. y Freund, D. (2009) “Coping with Global Climate Change: Strategies, Policies and Measures for the Tourism Industry” en Weirmair, K. et al. (Eds.) Facing Climate Change and the Global Economic Crisis: Challenges for the future of tourism; Innsbruck: Innsbruck University Press.
- Freund, D. y Munsters, W. (2005). “Culture as a component of the hospitality product” en Sigala, M. y Leslie, D. International Cultural Tourism. Oxford: Elsevier Butterworth Heinemann, págs. 26-39.
- Freund, D. (2005). “An introduction to lifestyle hotels” in the international conference “Herbergement touristique: quelles normes? Quelles stratégies?” organized by Institut Arthut Haulot and the Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels.
- Freund, D. (2004) “Developments in the hotel industry: design meets historic properties” in Tourism brands for competitiveness [Proceedings], XIII International Leisure and Tourism Symposium ESADE-Fira de Barcelona.
- Freund, D. (2003) “Seeking the ultimate hotel experience” in Strategies for changing times [Proceedings], XII International Leisure and Tourism Symposium ESADE-Fira de Barcelona.
- Freund, D. (2003) “Hoteles que apelan a los cinco sentidos”, Gestión en H,Nº 11.
- Freund, D. (2002) “Case Study. TravelCLICK: going international“ [Comunicación] in Cross-Cultural Challenges in the Tourism Industry,EuroChrie Congress in Barcelona.
If you want to request information you can fill this form. One of our advisors will contact you in order to solve your doubts and offer you all the information that you need.