- PhD in Administration and Business Management from Ramon Llull University. 2008. Thesis title: “Aspects of Management in the Quality of Service. An Application of Concept Mapping to the Case of Hotel Chains in Spain”.
- Master’s Degree in Information and Knowledge Society from the Open University of Catalonia.
- Postgraduate Degree in Management of Human Resources from Pompeu Fabra University.
- Degree in Business Administration and Management from the University of Barcelona.
- Head Lecturer of subjects in the Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management: Company II: Business Organization, Business Strategies, Hotel Management, Business Policy, Final Degree Projects. Subjects in the Innovative Hospitality Management Master’s Degree: Strategic Management, In-Company Project. Subjects in the Master’s Degree in Hotel Management: Hotel Operations. School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi-HTSI, Ramon Llull University, 2001-present.
- Lecturer of the MBA in Hotel Management: Service Quality Management, Maastricht Hotel Management School, 2008.
- Lecturer in the Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism: Quality in the Tourism Sector. Open University of Catalonia, 2006-2008
- Dean of the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi-HTSI, Ramon Llull University, 2012-present.
- General Manager of the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi-HTSI, Ramon Llull University, 2012-present.
- Founder of the company RBS-Asesores.
- Lecturer-reader accredited by the AQU (Agència per la Qualitat Universitària).
- Member of the Tourism Commission of Foment del Treball.
- Member of the SIITCAT Tourism Intelligence System of Catalonia of the Government of Catalonia.
- President of the Cardener Foundation.
- Member of the Fundació La Cova de Manresa.
- Member of the Organizing Committee of B-Travel.
- Member of the Technical Standardization Committee 182001 of AENOR, responsible for drafting the standard UNE 182001 “Rules for the Provision of Service in Hotels and Tourist Accommodation”.
- Leader in the creation and drafting group of the quality standard of hotels and tourist accommodation, commissioned by the Department of University and Business Innovation.
- Has taught at: Oxford Brookes University (UK), Maastricht Hotel Management School (Holland), School of Hospitality and Tourism Management – Hong Kong Polytechnics University (Hong Kong), University of San Francisco (USA), Antonio Ruiz de Montoya University (Peru).
- Has attended the international congresses of: EuroCHRIE, ATLAS, ENTER.
- López Viguria, E.; Santomà, R. (2016). What are the Characteristics that should Characterize the Profile of the Graduates of the Jesuit Business Schools according to their Managers? In Journal of Technology Management & Innovation, vol. 11 (1).
- Abad, M.; Guereño, B.; Makua, A.; Iriberri, J. L.; Santomà, R. (2016). Pilgrimage as Tourism Experience: a Preliminary Approach to Profiling Pilgrims on the Ignatian Way. In International Journal of Religious Tourism and Pilgrimage, vol. 4(iv): 48-66.
- Fornells, A.; Rodrigo, Z.; Santomà, R.; Rovira, X.; Sanchez, M.; Teixidó, F. and Golobardes, E. (2016). Promoting Consensus in the Concept Mapping Methodology: an Application in the Hospitality Sector. In Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 67(1): 39-48, 2015. (Q2 -1.58).
- Ganan, J.; Rodrigo, Z. and Santomà, R. (2016). Learning to Work Interculturally and Virtually: Developing Postgraduate Hospitality Management Students across International HE Institutions. In The International Journal of Management Education, 14, 18-27.
- Fornells; Rodrigo, Z.; Santomà, R.; Rovira, X.; Sanchez, M.; Teixidó-Navarro, F. and Golobardes, E. (2015). Promoting Consensus in the Concept Mapping Methodology: an Application in the Hospitality Sector. In Pattern Recognition Letters.
- Vila, M.; Rovira, X.; Costa, G. and Santomà, R. (2011). Combining Research Techniques to Improve Quality Service in Hospitality. Quality and Quantity, 45(1).
- Santomà, R.; Vila, M.; Rovira, X. and Batallé, P. (2010). Determining Service Quality Management in Small Rural Hotels in Catalonia using a Qualitative Optimization Process. In Proceedings of EuroCHRIE Conference: Service Quality Excellence, Amsterdam: EuroCHRIE.
- Santomà, R. & Vila, M. (2009). The Use of Concept Mapping in the Determination of Management Aspects to Improve the Quality of Service in the Spanish Hotel Industry. In AECIT (Ed.). Spanish Tourism Activity in 2007 (p. 47-62). Madrid: Editorial Universitaria Ramón Areces.
- Santomà, R. and Ríos, J. (2009). Quality of Service in the Hotel Industry from the Academic Perspective. In ESTE-Estudios Empresariales, 130(2).
- Santomà, R. and Ficapal, F. (2008). The Hotel Sector in Catalonia: Current Situation and Future Trends. In ESADE: Institut d’Innovació Social (ed.). Sector Guides of CSR in Small and Medium Enterprises. The Hospitality Sector (p. 15-44). Barcelona: ESADE – Institut d’Innovació Social.
- Santomà, R.; Batallé, P.; Rovira, X.; Costa, G.; Vila, M. (2008). Determination of Management Aspects that will Lead a Hotel Chain to Improve its Quality of Service. In Leadership Magazine, 14.
- Santomà, R. and Costa, G. (2007). Quality of Service in the Hotel Industry: Review of the Literature. In Tourism Analysis Magazine, 3, p. 27-44. ISSN: 1885-2564.
- Rios, J. and Santomà, R. (2007). Quality of Service in the Hotel Industry from the Perspective of SERVQUAL. In Alta Dirección, 251-252, p. 47-54. ISSN: 0002-6549.
- Santomà, R. and Rios, J. (2007). The Quality of Service in the Hotel Industry. Management in H, 37, p. 38-52. Legal deposit: B-48419/2000.
- Santomà, R.; O’Connor, P. (2006). The Online Pricing Practices of Up-Market Barcelona Hotels. An International Comparison. In Proceedings of ENTER 06 Conference: Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism. Vienna (Austria): Springer Wien New York.
If you want to request information you can fill this form. One of our advisors will contact you in order to solve your doubts and offer you all the information that you need.