Ramon Llull University’s School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi (HTSI) has opened the call for the presentation of candidates for the 17th edition of the Xavier Tourism Awards-HTSI. This prize is given in recognition of professional trajectories in tourism with high levels of excellence, dedication, innovation and social contributions.
From July 25 to October 31, 2019, anyone can present a candidate through the website Call for Candidates for the 17th Xavier Tourism Awards – HTSI.
Federico Mayor Zaragoza, former Spanish Minister of Education and Science and former UNESCO President, will preside over the jury, which is made up of 14 prestigious individuals:
- Lluís Bassat, former president of the Bassat Ogilvy Iberia group for Spain and Portugal
- Eugènia Bieto, general director of ESADE
- Anna Maria Birulés, former Spanish minister of Science and Technology
- José Boada, president of the Pelayo Group
- Elisa Durán, assistant general manager for the La Caixa Banking Foundation
- Isidre Fainé, president of the La Caixa Banking Foundation and of Criteria Caixa
- Lluís Foix, journalist, correspondent and former Director of La Vanguardia newspaper
- Eugeni Gay, former president of the General Council of Spanish Lawyers and vice president emeritus of the Spanish Constitutional Court
- Javier Godó, count of Godó and president of the Godó Group
- Amancio López, president of the Hotusa Group
- Jaime Oraá, president of UNIJES and former rector of the University of Deusto
- Pere Regull, general director of IQS.
- Carmina Solà-Morales, former director of the Sant Ignasi University School of Tourism
- Secretary of the Jury: Ricard Santomà, dean of the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi.
The jury will meet in November to choose the winners of the 17th edition of the Xavier Tourism Awards, which are already well-known in the world of tourism and hospitality. The awards ceremony will be held the last week of March, 2020.
A new category to recognize sustainability in the tourism and hotel sector
The Jury has decided to add a new category to this, the 17th edition of the awards, to recognize tourist destinations with a sustained social impact and a high level of economic and environmental sustainability. As a result, this edition of the Xavier Tourism Awards will include three categories:
- Professional category: professionals and institutions whose contributions to the tourism sector are based on innovation, quality, service and personal development.
- Academic category: individuals and institutions whose involvement in training professionals from the sector is key to ensuring excellence, quality service, and the generation of knowledge.
- Tourist destination category:tourist destinations with a sustained social impact and a high level of economic and environmental sustainability.
THE XAVIER TOURISM AWARDS RECOGNIZE EXCELLENCE IN THE TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY SECTOR
Since 2003, the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi has annually conferred the Xavier-HTSI Tourism Awards to individuals and organizations that are relevant in the world of tourism and hospitality. These awards are granted in recognition of their contribution to the development of the sector and to education. The Xavier Tourism Awards take their name from St Francis Xavier, patron saint of tourism.
The School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi is part of Ramon Llull University, promoting teaching, investigation and the spread of knowledge in the areas of hotel management and the management of tourism businesses. During the 2017-2018 academic year, more than 350 students attended HTSI in the Bachelor’s Program in Tourism and Hospitality Management, the University Master’s Program in Hotel Management, the Executive Master’s Program in Hotel Business Management, the Executive Master’s Program in Business Tourism and Events and the programs dedicated to revenue management, operations management, hotel finances and digital marketing for active professionals.
The school has a broad network of academic partners and collaborates with the most prestigious tourism and hotel companies around the world, with the goal of achieving high employability among students.
At the last edition of the Xavier Awards held on January 29, 2018, UNESCO and MWC Barcelona were chosen by the jury for recognition. The 16th edition of these awards sought to recognize UNESCO’s contribution to peace and security worldwide through education, science, culture and communications, as well as MWC Barcelona’s excellence and professionalism as a global event bringing together the leading companies in the world of mobile phones.
If you want to request information you can fill this form. One of our advisors will contact you in order to solve your doubts and offer you all the information that you need.